Started by Josh21

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,156 posts 61 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-27-2024, 06:17 PM -
I really like it.  Got OUR highest rated receiver, rb, a MEAN lb who wants to lay the lumber(although I have concerns over what he’s said n done), the 2nd best te, n cb/dl/lb depth.  I’m impressed by Morgan working the board.  A second next year is a cherry on top.  Although we didn’t get a de/center help, and passed on some guys, I’m choosing to believe in Dan.  Sue me.  He handled fa very well.  I expect the guys we drafted to contribute as well.  We seem to be in line as the front office, gm, n coaching staff want/say the same things.  We do have to see it on the field, and hopefully all this cohesion leads to fruition.  Nobody knows, but im hopefull.
Ladypanther

439 posts 70 threads Joined: Oct 2023
04-27-2024, 06:31 PM -
(04-27-2024, 06:17 PM)Josh21 Wrote: I really like it.  Got OUR highest rated receiver, rb, a MEAN lb who wants to lay the lumber(although I have concerns over what he’s said n done), the 2nd best te, n cb/dl/lb depth.  I’m impressed by Morgan working the board.  A second next year is a cherry on top.  Although we didn’t get a de/center help, and passed on some guys, I’m choosing to believe in Dan.  Sue me.  He handled fa very well.  I expect the guys we drafted to contribute as well.  We seem to be in line as the front office, gm, n coaching staff want/say the same things.  We do have to see it on the field, and hopefully all this cohesion leads to fruition.  Nobody knows, but im hopefull.

[Image: artworks-000656460661-6we727-t500x500.jpg]
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,691 posts 496 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-27-2024, 06:40 PM -
For the most part, I'm satisfied. There were a couple of things that seemed a little off to me ..... but what do I know.? The first three picks seemed pretty much on point. Combine those with the recovery of a 2nd rounder for next year and it forms the foundation for a successful draft. The last four picks are much harder to evaluate. There's less talk, less film, and less interest surrounding them. The truth about all drafts is revealed on the field. Give these guys about half a season and we'll know which ones, if any, are going to produce in the short-term. The long-term truths take longer... Tongue

Old
This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 06:41 PM by Hobbit99.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,090 posts 685 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-27-2024, 09:04 PM -
I liked this draft a LOT better than last year's draft. I can get onboard with (almost) every pick we made.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,156 posts 61 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-27-2024, 09:30 PM -
I hope these guys just go compete. Earn a spot. Play hard.
OceanPanther

97 posts 11 threads Joined: Mar 2020
04-28-2024, 07:23 AM -
I always like our draft.. I drink the kool-aid forsure.. Lately its no been so great.. but there are new sheirffs in town .

But here's the thing that will ease everyones mind. I actually had a dream last night in which , it was opening game, and this season and we were playing the Washington Commanders.. ( I doubt we even play them this year. ) As the 3rd quarter was closing the Panthers were leading 42-30 ., I wasn't watching the game , but the talk was about how we'd turn things around. Everyone was in shock that we could score 42 points.. and the game wasn't even over. There was praises for then coaches.

SO IT IS WRITTEN,, SO IT SHALL BE
I hope we won this game

(04-27-2024, 06:40 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: For the most part, I'm satisfied. There were a couple of things that seemed a little off to me ..... but what do I know.? The first three picks seemed pretty much on point. Combine those with the recovery of a 2nd rounder for next year and it forms the foundation for a successful draft. The last four picks are much harder to evaluate. There's less talk, less film, and less interest surrounding them. The truth about all drafts is revealed on the field. Give these guys about half a season and we'll know which ones, if any, are going to produce in the short-term. The long-term truths take longer... Tongue

Old

After the last few years,  we should all have some doubts..    A couple of positions , have been de-emphasized over the last few years also..  running back and line backer.   We took them early.  But we needed them.   We have so many needs,  I'm good with what ever they decided were the best picks at the time..
This post was last modified: 04-28-2024, 07:28 AM by OceanPanther.