Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Josh211 : (12 October 2017 - 10:56 PM)

Philly has a pretty good line.

@  Josh211 : (12 October 2017 - 10:46 PM)

Game, set, match. Philly held serve...

@  panfanman : (12 October 2017 - 10:46 PM)

That lose was on Cam

@  SuperCam : (12 October 2017 - 10:45 PM)

Too many turnovers tonight guys. Gotta take care of that rock fellas.

@  SuperCam : (12 October 2017 - 10:45 PM)

Darn.

@  panfanman : (12 October 2017 - 10:38 PM)

We got this. Come on Cam don't fudge it up.

@  SuperCam : (12 October 2017 - 10:38 PM)

Wow.

@  SuperCam : (12 October 2017 - 10:37 PM)

Can't believe we still have a shot.

@  panfanman : (12 October 2017 - 10:37 PM)

We need CMC to step up with a punt return

@  panfanman : (12 October 2017 - 10:36 PM)

3 and out d. Come on

@  panfanman : (12 October 2017 - 10:35 PM)

Those last 3 plays. Smh

@  panfanman : (12 October 2017 - 10:33 PM)

Terrible play calling with so much time left

@  SuperCam : (12 October 2017 - 10:33 PM)

Not sure why he feels like he has to go for it all on each throw.

@  panfanman : (12 October 2017 - 10:33 PM)

Three passes in a row going for way too much. 😟

@  SuperCam : (12 October 2017 - 10:32 PM)

Horrible. Just horrible.

@  SuperCam : (12 October 2017 - 10:32 PM)

Darn it. Stop trying to go for it all. Pick up the first down.

@  panfanman : (12 October 2017 - 10:32 PM)

Why the fart are they going for it all!!!

@  SuperCam : (12 October 2017 - 10:31 PM)

Bad pass there Cam.

@  SuperCam : (12 October 2017 - 10:30 PM)

KEEP POUNDING!

@  SuperCam : (12 October 2017 - 10:30 PM)

Your time to shine now Cam.

Photo

Ron Turner

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Spook

Spook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationTaylorsville, NC

Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:48 AM

Now Ron Turner has been added as a coaching consultant. Lot of history between the staff and Turner so this could be a extra set of eyeballs with football brains to help figure out how to best use the talents of CMC and Samuel.

• Carol likes this

#2 thecross

thecross

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:44 PM

Well Norv's family should have plenty of Offensive knowledge. We have Cameron Turner too as an Assistant QB coach.

• Carol likes this

#3 Abert43

Abert43

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationWaxhaw

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:50 PM

Been offline for a while....as it is the offseason and I primarily focus on the draft, but I thought this was very interesting in that he is helping the offense AND defense out. Can never have too many smart brains in one place right?

• Carol likes this

#4 45catfan

45catfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • LocationCarolina

Posted 17 June 2017 - 06:14 PM

Norv will be here next year if the offense sputters again this season.

• Flawless likes this

#5 PantherFan007

PantherFan007

Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 30,367 posts
  • LocationMount Holly, North Carolina

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:15 PM

Norv will be here next year if the offense sputters again this season.

Norv as OC is something I could deal with.  I don't care for him as a HC, but as a coordinator, I like the idea.  

• Carol, Flawless, 45catfan and 1 other like this

#6 45catfan

45catfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • LocationCarolina

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:34 PM

Norv as OC is something I could deal with.  I don't care for him as a HC, but as a coordinator, I like the idea.  

Ditto.   I guess I should have specified...yes, as the OC.

• Flawless likes this

#7 thecross

thecross

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:34 PM

I would much rather have Norv than Shula! That's who I was hoping he would have chosen after Chud.
  • Flawless likes this

#8 Carol

Carol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49,441 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:58 AM

Same here, 007!

• Flawless likes this

#9 koda

koda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:47 AM

Here's a little from The News Gazette about Turner.

Turner's role as a consultant will see him work with Rivera and Shula on game planning and in-game strategy. He won't have a position to coach, but he will be in the booth on Sundays alongside the Carolina coaches.

"From self scout, giving Mke Shula some thoughts on tendencies we have and we're doing and how I can help there and then game planning," Turner said in describing his consulting duties. "Studying the film and having some input with (Rivera). I'm excited about it. I think it's a good opportunity."

If ya wanna read the whole article:  http://www.news-gaze...h-improved.html

I like all they've done to help Shula; Matsko is run coordinator, adding Ron Turner's son (Cameron ) as assistant QB coach should be a positive.  I guess hiring Lance Taylor as WR coach is still a question mark but he should be able to help in using CMc and I like bringing Cotchery back as assistant WR coach.

I also like Ron as a consultant, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Shula now has a Right and Left Hand Man.

For a couple years now I've said the Patriots keep extra coaches and-or consultants that most teams don't carry; now I think DG is catching up. When Robert Kraft hired Belichick he told him he'd supply all the resources he needed.

I like what DG has done this off-season but I'm not fond of Norv Turner as HC or OC. I think his system is out-dated, especially after his stint with the Vikings. After all DG & Mr Richardson has done for Shula this off-season there shouldn't be a need for another OC next year. Shula may even look like a genius after this season?

#10 Josh211

Josh211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:38 AM

Shula a genius? Only if he's got massive help/little control on play calling. Heaven help us. Yes I know who his dad was. Constructive criticism? Heh!

#11 Spook

Spook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationTaylorsville, NC

Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:28 PM

Shula a genius? Only if he's got massive help/little control on play calling. Heaven help us. Yes I know who his dad was. Constructive criticism? Heh!

Folks, we've seen 3 consecutive NFC Champonships and a SB appearance during his tenure. I, for one vote to give the man some slack. Till we see him step in a pile, I've got to support this guy. Just my 2 cents worth.

• firstchance likes this

#12 45catfan

45catfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • LocationCarolina

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:15 PM

Folks, we've seen 3 consecutive NFC Champonships and a SB appearance during his tenure. I, for one vote to give the man some slack. Till we see him step in a pile, I've got to support this guy. Just my 2 cents worth.

Shula's fault lies in tendencies.  That's why we hired Turner. Mike rides something that works until it doesn't...attempting to drink from the same well that's long been dry.  Usually by the time of this revelation we are so deep into the season that changing course is tough to do and change is met with stubborn resistance.  It's not that he can't evolve, it's the mentality that 'it's worked well this far...so we keep doing it'.  Alas, defenses figure out how to stop what our offense is doing and WE are the ones scrambling and seemingly have the difficult task of adaptation.

Turner is tabbed with saying to the coaches something along this line (namely the offensive staff) 'The league has figured these sets of plays out, they are no longer effective for us, store them away and let's replace them with some new wrinkles.'  Shula should be open to this advise and adapt, not letting his pride get in the way. Shula can adapt, the question is how open he is to constructive criticism by Turner and the ability to quickly implement the proposed changes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users