Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  SuperCam : (10 December 2017 - 04:08 PM)

Thanks Wilkes. Hopefully you didn't have to override Rivera on those blitzes. 4 straight blitzes.

@  Josh211 : (10 December 2017 - 04:06 PM)

Nice job D!

@  SuperCam : (10 December 2017 - 04:06 PM)

Yeeeeeesssssss!!!!!!!

@  firstchance : (10 December 2017 - 04:06 PM)

panthers win, sweet caroline

One more time D!

Yes!

@  SuperCam : (10 December 2017 - 04:05 PM)

This is what I'm talking about. Pressure!

@  firstchance : (10 December 2017 - 04:05 PM)

it's so simple

@  Josh211 : (10 December 2017 - 04:05 PM)

Short!

@  firstchance : (10 December 2017 - 04:05 PM)

thats right

@  SuperCam : (10 December 2017 - 04:05 PM)

Yes!

@  panfanman : (10 December 2017 - 04:04 PM)

turn over PLEASE

@  SuperCam : (10 December 2017 - 04:04 PM)

One more turnover. I love the keep pounding chant.

@  panfanman : (10 December 2017 - 04:03 PM)

ok boys n girls, this D stand is it.

@  SuperCam : (10 December 2017 - 04:03 PM)

C'mon D.

@  Josh211 : (10 December 2017 - 04:03 PM)

Let's not screw this up...

@  firstchance : (10 December 2017 - 04:03 PM)

now PLEASE BRING PRESSURE, PLEASE

@  firstchance : (10 December 2017 - 04:02 PM)

flag zimmer

@  firstchance : (10 December 2017 - 04:02 PM)

TD

@  Josh211 : (10 December 2017 - 04:01 PM)

TD!!!

Photo

OFFICIAL THURSDAY NIGHT FOOBALL THREAD - Eagles @ Panthers

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 PantherFan007

PantherFan007

Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 30,480 posts
  • LocationMount Holly, North Carolina

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:45 AM

This should be a hard fought battle.  I'm hoping our crowd shows up big time and helps the team, especially on Third Downs!  :headbang:

GO PANTHERS!

#2 Good_Riddance

Good_Riddance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:18 AM

Carson Wentz has been one of the best QBs in the league so far. Let's hope that the front 7 is able to shut down the run game and the front 4 get the pressure to get the young man rattled. Their wide receivers aren't that great.

Gotta have that O-line keep building on its recent success and let Cam and Co. do the rest!

Go Panthers!

#3 PantherFan007

PantherFan007

Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 30,480 posts
  • LocationMount Holly, North Carolina

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:27 AM

The thing I hate is that it comes on at 8:25 pm.  I have to get up about 3:45 a.m. in the mornings. :bag:

• Good_Riddance and firstchance like this

#4 coffee

coffee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,221 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:48 AM

Wait.  There's another 3:45 in the day?  I don't think so.

Pretty sure there's just that one that comes at the afternoon nap time.

• Good_Riddance and firstchance like this

#5 firstchance

firstchance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationProud American

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:07 AM

The thing I hate is that it comes on at 8:25 pm.  I have to get up about 3:45 a.m. in the mornings. :bag:

Just go in early? Problem solved.

And make plans for the Nov 5th game to be flexed to Sunday night...take that Monday off!

• Good_Riddance likes this

#6 coffee

coffee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,221 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:08 AM

I feel good about this game, but you know how that goes.

If we pull it off, we should get quite the attention.  Obviously, KC should be #1 and I even understand if they put us as the last of the 4-1 teams, but a bunch of rankings still have ATL ahead of us, which blows my mind.  

Record: We're ahead of them by a half game.  

Most recent game: We defeated a hot team at their home.  Atlanta lost at home.

Common Opponents: We handily outplayed Detroit but ATL barely came away with a W.  We beat the Bills and they didn't. (We also beat the team that beat ATL in the Super Bowl.)

Overall performance: We've had 4 strong games and 1 stinker.  They've had 1 strong game and 3 fair at best games that they either lost or barely won.

At this particular time, I don't know what stat/viewpoint/etc. you can use to put them ahead of us.  I think a win tonight would put us back on the radar.

#7 Good_Riddance

Good_Riddance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:52 AM

Yeah coffee, its just like our 2015 season. When we were undefeated, we were the worst undefeated team ever. So ridiculous. Who cares what talking heads say. Go out and Keep Pounding. 

#8 Carol

Carol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49,445 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:43 AM

This should be a hard fought battle.  I'm hoping our crowd shows up big time and helps the team, especially on Third Downs!  :headbang:

GO PANTHERS!

I wasn't really happy to hear that an organization of Pastors plan to hold a "kneel in" near the stadium starting at 7:00 (or 7:30).  I feel that the night of the game isn't the right time to do this for several reasons.  There will be so much media uptown and I don't want attention being taken away from the game or the players not concentrating because of the demonstration.

I, personally, have no objection to the cause itself and I don't feel when players do it that they are disrespecting our country, our military or our flag. They are objecting to the inequality that has appeared to get so much worse in the past couple of years.  They are trying to bring attention to this the only way they know how and doing it very peacefully.  Actually, Julius is the only one who has done anything.  One game he stayed in the locker room until it was over and last week he was on the field standing but he was back behind the line of the players without his hand over his heart (according to the paper).

Just the other night, for those who don't live in Charlotte, a Latino man called 911, told them he had a gun that wasn't loaded and wanted to turn it in.  He also wanted them to come get him and requested a Spanish speaking officer.  From the 911 operator it was apparent he didn't speak English and most of our 911 operators are fluent in Spanish.   First, he didn't get a Spanish speaking officer and I saw the video which distinctly showed him with his hands way up in the air and the gun was in no position to even be fired had it been loaded (which it wasn't).  They yelled at him in English for about FIVE seconds and then shot and killed him.  The police are on administrative leave but no charges.  This puzzles me because a young rookie cop was responding to a call the other day and he was definitely going way too fast (100 in a 35) and hit and killed a man crossing the street.  He's been arrested and charged with manslaughter (cop and pedestrian both white)

Also, Roger Goodell was interviewed on the NFL Network today and, regardless of what the President tweeted and what Jerry Jones says he will do after kneeling with his team last  week and now threatening to bench any player that kneels  (which, by the way, is unconstitutional) Goodell has not told the players they MUST stand or MUST put their hands over their hearts.  It was a good interview with Goodell because he has arranged for the top players from each team to come to the owners meeting next week.  He said he wants to find ways to help resolve this problem and that his statement was taken out of context when the President tweeted that the NFL was on his side.  He also praised the players for all they are doing in their communities.

Sorry...didn't mean to get a little political but it does relate to the NFL and especially what's going to happen during our game tonight outside the stadium.  I just pray that what the Pastors are planning doesn't stretch the security too thin or cause any violence from out of towners that tend to show up at things like this to cause trouble.  As I said, I really wish they weren't going to do this near the stadium because so many things could go wrong.  :(

007, if you find this inappropriate, just delete what's above but please leave the below part.  I just felt that it was relevant.  All that being said............

GO PANTHERS!!!!! :touchdown: :fumble: :pat:

BTW, One of the guys on the NFL Network has changed some words to the song "Sister Christian" and has been singing "Mister Christian, your time has come"...  I LOVE IT!!!!  :headbang:

• Stirs likes this

#9 SCJimk

SCJimk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:45 PM

If we find an offensive thrust that is successful that we stick with it and run the score up. Not only will we be able to go to bed at a reasonable time, we can avoid the Maalox drip near the end of the game. Go Panthers. Keep pounding!!

#10 ncpantherfan

ncpantherfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:04 PM

I wasn't really happy to hear that an organization of Pastors plan to hold a "kneel in" near the stadium starting at 7:00 (or 7:30).  I feel that the night of the game isn't the right time to do this for several reasons.  There will be so much media uptown and I don't want attention being taken away from the game or the players not concentrating because of the demonstration.

I wasn't happy when that pos kaepernick kneeled down the first time. The Pastors have as much of a right for their view as the unpatriotic idiots who have been thumbing their nose at our troops and our flag. I'm for the Pastors.

#11 Stirs

Stirs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationWestern NC

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:34 PM

The pastors thing is perfectly acceptable to me, it is free speech without stepping on the anthem.  That is the way it should have been done from the start.  Bring attention to your cause which is your 1st amendment right, but don't crap on someone else to gain the attention.  Equality is what everyone should strive for, but Kaepernick screwed up and those that follow him are screwing up.

Now to the game, the Panthers are gonna have to contain Wentz.  He is mobile and turns 3rd and longs into first downs with his legs.  This is the key to the game for me

#12 Stirs

Stirs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationWestern NC

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:12 PM

Well, as my old Jr High basketball coach used to say, "we were short, but we were slow"

Sorta sums up tonights game.  Eagles were just sharper.  They were quicker, relentless on defense, coached better, ran better, threw the ball better and had fewer turnovers.

The short week seemed to affect the Panthers far more than the Eagles.

On a more ominous note, Keuchly in concussion protocol.  Panther fans have to start considering his early retirement which would devastate the defense.

It seems that as soon as we get our confidence going, we get a huge dose of reality here.

Oh well, lot of time to heal up before the next game.

• Good_Riddance likes this

#13 Just James

Just James

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:34 PM

I didn't think we played so badly. Obviously, we were there in the end to outright win it. When you consider that our backs struggled to even not lose yards, we did alright for being one-dimensional.

People will point to Cam's interceptions, but only one of those was really on him. Our receivers also missed some catch-able balls.

Not that it ultimately mattered, but Cam's leap over the pylon seemed like an obvious touchdown to me. I'm sincerely surprised we didn't win that challenge.

Luke with another concussion had me flashing back to Dan Morgan, and how I used to think about the writing being on the wall every time Dan was taken off the field.

Formerly "Mission Code Z" (R.I.P.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users