Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Josh211 : (13 November 2017 - 11:34 PM)

Yup! Good game.

@  SuperCam : (13 November 2017 - 11:32 PM)

That's how you finish out a game.

@  SuperCam : (13 November 2017 - 11:31 PM)

Just about to turn off the TV, then CAP busts a big run.

@  Josh211 : (13 November 2017 - 11:31 PM)

Look it CAP go!!! Wore them fins out!

@  Josh211 : (13 November 2017 - 11:30 PM)

Cap getting tough yards!

@  Josh211 : (13 November 2017 - 11:26 PM)

Yup sc. With Olsen comes more options! So much diversity. Hope cs is ok.

@  SuperCam : (13 November 2017 - 11:24 PM)

I'm about to check out too Josh. This was a nice win going into the bye. Then, we get Olsen back. Lookout.

@  Josh211 : (13 November 2017 - 11:23 PM)

Hate garbage points...

@  Josh211 : (13 November 2017 - 11:22 PM)

Ok, run it out or TD.

@  panfanman : (13 November 2017 - 11:21 PM)

we need one more score so we outscore the Saints this week.

@  Josh211 : (13 November 2017 - 11:21 PM)

Pick that cap!

@  Josh211 : (13 November 2017 - 11:20 PM)

Luke's out.

@  Josh211 : (13 November 2017 - 11:13 PM)

Even with da!

@  Josh211 : (13 November 2017 - 11:13 PM)

We might really put up 50!

@  SuperCam : (13 November 2017 - 11:12 PM)

I agree with PanFan ... time to pull Cam now.

@  Josh211 : (13 November 2017 - 11:12 PM)

I don't disagree sc.

@  SuperCam : (13 November 2017 - 11:11 PM)

Wow. It's starting to feel like 2015 again.

@  Josh211 : (13 November 2017 - 11:11 PM)

This is FUN!!!

@  SuperCam : (13 November 2017 - 11:11 PM)

I say replace Shep with Bersin.

@  Josh211 : (13 November 2017 - 11:10 PM)

Cap getting reps.

Photo

Jon Gruden - "Panthers Could Run the Table"

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 PantherFan007

PantherFan007

Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 30,452 posts
  • LocationMount Holly, North Carolina

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:07 PM

He sounds very high on the team.  I hope he's right.  Heck, I hope he's at least partially right.

http://www.charlotte...olina-panthers/

• Oceanpanther likes this

#2 Hobbit99

Hobbit99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • LocationThe Old North State

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:14 AM

He sounds very high on the team.  I hope he's right.  Heck, I hope he's at least partially right.

http://www.charlotte...olina-panthers/

Yeah... Even partially right would be good.!!!

#3 Just James

Just James

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:20 AM

I don't know. I'm kinda currently childishly-angry at Gruden only because he reminds me that I won't be able to watch the Panthers because of stupid ESPN.

Remember when MNF was available to everyone, and most every game was a marquee match-up?

Anyway, Jon does bring up some good points. Most notably, the theme that Cam (and the offense, in kind) is getting healthy at the right time.

I want to believe that it's still building, but our running game has been up and (mostly) down so much this year.

At any rate, I don't see us winning in both Atlanta AND New Orleans.

Formerly "Mission Code Z" (R.I.P.)

#4 koda

koda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:55 AM

IMO Gruden was a great coach. Again IMO, Gruden got cheated out of making the SB with the Raiders because of the tuck rule. Brady shouldn't have been in his first SB. That was a fumble and the Raiders out played the Patriots in the New England snow.

I thought it was a huge mistake when Al Davis let Gruden go and I don't think Tampa Bay ever wins a SB without "Chucky".

Running the table is possible. Rivera usually does well late season but that's a tall order. Atlanta hasn't played well but they still look real good and the Saints are rolling, plus we gotta play both in their house. We also have to play the 7&2 Vikings.

If we win those 3 games we can beat anybody.

• Good_Riddance likes this

#5 Hobbit99

Hobbit99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:41 AM

I don't know. I'm kinda currently childishly-angry at Gruden only because he reminds me that I won't be able to watch the Panthers because of stupid ESPN.

Remember when MNF was available to everyone, and most every game was a marquee match-up?

Anyway, Jon does bring up some good points. Most notably, the theme that Cam (and the offense, in kind) is getting healthy at the right time.

I want to believe that it's still building, but our running game has been up and (mostly) down so much this year.

At any rate, I don't see us winning in both Atlanta AND New Orleans.

Well.... I AGREE totally about the ESPN thing.  That SH*T irritates me to no end. I do not subscribe to the fancy crap on TV so we are closed out of our teams MNF appearance. I just can't justify paying the fee structure for one or two games. My satellite bill is high enough without adding another subscription. The game is always sold out at BofA so why can we not watch it over the air like the other games.??  I'll tell you why!!!! Just so ESPN can make millions of dollars on controlling the access..!!!  Pis*es me off to no end.!!!

Running game is improving..... and we can definitely win both of those games. Everything is dependent on the WILL to win.

IMO Gruden was a great coach. Again IMO, Gruden got cheated out of making the SB with the Raiders because of the tuck rule. Brady shouldn't have been in his first SB. That was a fumble and the Raiders out played the Patriots in the New England snow.

I thought it was a huge mistake when Al Davis let Gruden go and I don't think Tampa Bay ever wins a SB without "Chucky".

Running the table is possible. Rivera usually does well late season but that's a tall order. Atlanta hasn't played well but they still look real good and the Saints are rolling, plus we gotta play both in their house. We also have to play the 7&2 Vikings.

If we win those 3 games we can beat anybody.

Gruden WAS a great coach. TB is good, but they are not winning this year.

Running the table.??  Hmm, don't know. Possible.?? YES. I still believe we can win "almost all" and get to the playoffs. From there it will depend on which team has the desire...

• Just James likes this

#6 Oceanpanther

Oceanpanther

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:59 PM

He may do this with all teams,, but Gruden seems to have always like the Panthers. When at Tampa Bay he seemed to always have a secret desire to be the Panthers coach.

• PantherFan007 and Good_Riddance like this

#7 Good_Riddance

Good_Riddance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,716 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:33 PM

He may do this with all teams,, but Gruden seems to have always like the Panthers. When at Tampa Bay he seemed to always have a secret desire to be the Panthers coach.

Agreed. Sometimes he'll say things that make you think he is the Bill Walton of NFL commentators. But for a very long time he typically says very complimentary things more consistently about Carolina.

#8 Hobbit99

Hobbit99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:48 AM

Gruden is alright..... He seems a little more realistic than some of the others, and seems more aware of the Panthers and the team's faults and strengths.  I don't mind his patently odd (weird.??) sayings on occasions. As long as it doesn't get too out of hand...

#9 SCJimk

SCJimk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 07:09 PM

I listened to gruden during the Monday night game and he seemed to contradict himself at times. Taking gruden out of the equation, do the panthers have a chance to run the table? Depends on what offense shows up. Defense is there consistently. They have improved every game. Panthers need to score 35 or more each game. Defense will keep opponent score lower than 35.

I'm hoping that the buy week and the victory over the dolphins has our offense in sync with each other and Cam can get rid of the ball quickly and accurately.

To me I see the panthers building each position. QB needs to get with the program. He needs to be consistent. If we ever plan to be a Superbowl winner we need a QB who can pass accurately and execute plays quickly.

#10 coffee

coffee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:00 PM

I feel that, if our running game gets hopping, that covers a lot of other woes.  I don't know that it's as good as it looked in the last 2 games, but if we get at least half that success on the ground each week, it would go a long way toward covering a bad day by Cam or a mediocre defensive day.

That to me is the secret to running the table: not that your QB, etc. has to have a great game each week, but rather that you are balanced enough so the other phases of the game step up and cover one phase that may be off or facing a bad matchup.

• Hobbit99 likes this

#11 Hobbit99

Hobbit99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:12 PM

Balanced play is the secret as some have alluded to.... Example would be the Patriots. They frequently don't have all of their position players healthy or active, yet they are always a tough team to beat. The reason is NOT Brady, but he certainly is a big part of it. In our case, we just need to stay balanced. 
And YES, we could "run the table".... would never bet that way, but we have the personnel.

#12 koda

koda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:49 AM

I think it's more likely we run the table than for the Saints. The Saints play the Rams(in LA) , Panthers the next week and then have the Falcons two of the next 3 weeks. Then finish against the Bucs in Tampa.

I think we beat the Saints then they lose at least one to the Falcons and the Rams have a good chance at home of beating the Saints.

The Falcons could still be the divisional winner but they have a tough schedule to. Seahawks in Seattle, Bucs (twice within 3 weeks) Vikings, Saints twice within 3 weeks and finish against us.

I think the better team comes together and runs the table and I think that is the Panthers

#13 Josh211

Josh211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:37 PM

Min n No look good... Hope we beat them n Falcons. Should get us in the playoffs! Just wanna b there! Jets, hope so! Not lookin ahead. 11 n good! We miss any of those? Hope a 9 holds!

#14 Josh211

Josh211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:38 PM

Tb twice? Or just 1 time?

#15 SCJimk

SCJimk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:42 PM

Panthers need to score 35 points a game and let the defense continue lights out like they've been doing. Everything else will fall into place. If we can't score, there is no reason to make the playoffs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Hobbit99