Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  SuperCam : (10 December 2017 - 04:08 PM)

Thanks Wilkes. Hopefully you didn't have to override Rivera on those blitzes. 4 straight blitzes.

@  Josh211 : (10 December 2017 - 04:06 PM)

Nice job D!

@  SuperCam : (10 December 2017 - 04:06 PM)

Yeeeeeesssssss!!!!!!!

@  firstchance : (10 December 2017 - 04:06 PM)

panthers win, sweet caroline

One more time D!

Yes!

@  SuperCam : (10 December 2017 - 04:05 PM)

This is what I'm talking about. Pressure!

@  firstchance : (10 December 2017 - 04:05 PM)

it's so simple

@  Josh211 : (10 December 2017 - 04:05 PM)

Short!

@  firstchance : (10 December 2017 - 04:05 PM)

thats right

@  SuperCam : (10 December 2017 - 04:05 PM)

Yes!

@  panfanman : (10 December 2017 - 04:04 PM)

turn over PLEASE

@  SuperCam : (10 December 2017 - 04:04 PM)

One more turnover. I love the keep pounding chant.

@  panfanman : (10 December 2017 - 04:03 PM)

ok boys n girls, this D stand is it.

@  SuperCam : (10 December 2017 - 04:03 PM)

C'mon D.

@  Josh211 : (10 December 2017 - 04:03 PM)

Let's not screw this up...

@  firstchance : (10 December 2017 - 04:03 PM)

now PLEASE BRING PRESSURE, PLEASE

@  firstchance : (10 December 2017 - 04:02 PM)

flag zimmer

@  firstchance : (10 December 2017 - 04:02 PM)

TD

@  Josh211 : (10 December 2017 - 04:01 PM)

TD!!!

Photo

End of First Half

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Spook

Spook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationTaylorsville, NC

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:12 AM

Anyone care to comment on why Rivera didn't use the 50 seconds or so left at the end of the first half to try and put some points up on the board?

Maybe I'm missing something?

#2 Good_Riddance

Good_Riddance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:55 AM

Anyone care to comment on why Rivera didn't use the 50 seconds or so left at the end of the first half to try and put some points up on the board?

Maybe I'm missing something?

I dunno, I was kinda frustrated with a lot of the play-calling after our initial drive. There was waaaay too much Stewart slamming into the back of the offensive line.

We had a few nice little plays like the pass to Damiere Byrd. I thought when we stretched the field and allowed Cam the opportunity to throw the ball, things happened. The game plan on offense was frustrating because we've seen good game plans this year.

The running backs would have more room to work if we lined up in more 3 wideout sets. Plus Cam finds himself in more favorable matchups to take off running when the field is spread. I don't know why they didn't think two timeouts and 50 seconds were enough to at least try and run some type of legitimate chunk pass play on first down. They could have run the ball on 2nd and 3rd down if they didn't get some yardage on 1st down. They may have been thinking since they received the ball first in the 2nd half and only being down one score that they shouldn't take the risk........... But they are on the road. You saw the home team willing to take risks (going for it on 4th and goal from the 3 on their first drive), but we weren't willing. One team was hungry from the coaching staff on down to their special teams backup QB. We did not play hungry.

#3 Hobbit99

Hobbit99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • LocationThe Old North State

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:46 PM

There was enough blame to go around in this game. Enough errors on both sides of the ball to blow us out of the game. It is a testament to OUR team that it was as close as it was. We actually looked pretty good at times. At others we looked like we were lost. Poor preparation and poor TEAM dynamics is how it looked to me. The last minute of the half was just another example of poor planning IMHO....

I do believe that the idea of getting the ball first in the 2nd half had a lot to do with that situation. Even so, it made sense (to me...!!) to try to move the ball into position for a FG at least..... But, there were probably other things in play that we are not privy to.....

I think this was one of our worst defensive games of the year. Plenty of opportunities but little to show for it. POOR tackling and gap control contributed tremendously to a poor overall performance. 

• Good_Riddance likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users