Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  SuperCam : (10 December 2017 - 04:08 PM)

Thanks Wilkes. Hopefully you didn't have to override Rivera on those blitzes. 4 straight blitzes.

@  Josh211 : (10 December 2017 - 04:06 PM)

Nice job D!

@  SuperCam : (10 December 2017 - 04:06 PM)

Yeeeeeesssssss!!!!!!!

@  firstchance : (10 December 2017 - 04:06 PM)

panthers win, sweet caroline

One more time D!

Yes!

@  SuperCam : (10 December 2017 - 04:05 PM)

This is what I'm talking about. Pressure!

@  firstchance : (10 December 2017 - 04:05 PM)

it's so simple

@  Josh211 : (10 December 2017 - 04:05 PM)

Short!

@  firstchance : (10 December 2017 - 04:05 PM)

thats right

@  SuperCam : (10 December 2017 - 04:05 PM)

Yes!

@  panfanman : (10 December 2017 - 04:04 PM)

turn over PLEASE

@  SuperCam : (10 December 2017 - 04:04 PM)

One more turnover. I love the keep pounding chant.

@  panfanman : (10 December 2017 - 04:03 PM)

ok boys n girls, this D stand is it.

@  SuperCam : (10 December 2017 - 04:03 PM)

C'mon D.

@  Josh211 : (10 December 2017 - 04:03 PM)

Let's not screw this up...

@  firstchance : (10 December 2017 - 04:03 PM)

now PLEASE BRING PRESSURE, PLEASE

@  firstchance : (10 December 2017 - 04:02 PM)

flag zimmer

@  firstchance : (10 December 2017 - 04:02 PM)

TD

@  Josh211 : (10 December 2017 - 04:01 PM)

TD!!!

Photo

Goodell

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ncpantherfan

ncpantherfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:50 PM

So much for football losing money because of players disrespecting flag. Goodell just signed a big contract. Everything must be perfect in football land. Fans didn't make them pay.

#2 Josh211

Josh211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:44 AM

Football is ok now, not great. Glad Goodell got more millions for mediocre ratings. If he was a ceo he would be out a job.

Remember football in the 70's? Was competitive n fun. I've never seen a play like when Gronk leveled a player for beating him. Worst pf I've seen in 10 years. Gronk was in the wrong!

#3 Josh211

Josh211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:21 AM

He got me, let it be. Don't hit him while he's down! Dirty! Pats mantra. Hit em period. A week seems too little.

#4 Stirs

Stirs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationWestern NC

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:49 AM

Gronk looked like a spoiled brat exhibiting some thuggish behavior. 

#5 Good_Riddance

Good_Riddance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:21 AM

He got me, let it be. Don't hit him while he's down! Dirty! Pats mantra. Hit em period. A week seems too little.

I thought a 1 game suspension was adequate and I was glad to see he at least got that. He doesn't really have a history of doing things like that. And this is coming from a guy who really does not like the Patriots and is quite put off by Gronk's off-field behavior and high school senior sense of humor.

Its not like he has a history similar to Burfict or Talib. Travis Kelce's on-field behavior is the worst I've seen from a tight end currently.

#6 Hobbit99

Hobbit99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • LocationThe Old North State

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:09 PM

If you take a close look at that play....I mean a close look, you will see that Gronk was just standing there when the play ended and was blown dead. The play was over and the guy was starting to get up when Gronk decided it was time to launch into the guy for no reason and drive his head into the ground causing a concussion. Really obvious......One of the worst examples of behavior I have seen recently. It reminds me of the play where OBJ launched through the air helmet first at Norman (missed him thankfully...), after the play was essentially dead. A blatant attempt to hurt someone that could have caused serious injury. Gronk should be ashamed... He SHOULD have been thrown out of the game right them. His suspension is definitely justified and could have been longer. The player he injured is still out.... and might be for a while. Why not Gronk.??

Accidental things happen in this league frequently enough to provide excitement and a danger risk to the players. These INTENTIONAL things have no place in the game. Think about it..... Someone losing their temper out on the street and injuring someone like that gets them a trip to jail and prison sentence. In the football arena we allow it in the name of "sport". We hold our nose and slap their hands and tell them "Bad Boy.!!" Yes, play the game tough..... Yes, hit your opponent within the rules..... Yes, run hard, play hard, tackle hard..... ALL within the rules. When the play escalates to INTENTIONALLY trying to hurt or maime someone, to punish someone because of anger issues, it's going too far. These premeditated, intentional acts have no place in the game.

#7 ncpantherfan

ncpantherfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:11 PM

Football is ok now, not great. Glad Goodell got more millions for mediocre ratings. If he was a ceo he would be out a job.

Remember football in the 70's? Was competitive n fun. I've never seen a play like when Gronk leveled a player for beating him. Worst pf I've seen in 10 years. Gronk was in the wrong!

Back in the day, hits like that were the norm. Players sucker punched and slammed each other that would make today seems like tiddlywinks.

#8 Josh211

Josh211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:42 PM

See hobbit's response. Not after the play.

Gronk had a 10 second choice, it was the wrong one... He chose to do that. Not a football thing. That's personal. N thuggish.
  • Good_Riddance and firstchance like this

#9 ncpantherfan

ncpantherfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:21 AM

As I was trying to say at the beginning, keeping Goodell is football's way of saying, fans stay out of our business.

#10 Just James

Just James

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:46 AM

It reminds me of the play where OBJ launched through the air helmet first at Norman (missed him thankfully...),

If it's the play I'm thinking of, OBJ definitely connected with Norman. To this day, I still can't believe OBJ wasn't ejected on the spot.

Speaking of OBJ, he recently came out and complained that Tom Brady can yell at his coach on the sidelines and he gets a pass, but when he (OBJ) shows emotion, he gets grilled by the media, implying that there's a race issue involved.

Sorry, Brady isn't spearing other defenseless players, attacking kicking nets, and celebrating touchdowns by pantomiming a urinating dog in the endzone.

There's a little difference between the two histories.

Nice way to play the race card though, OBJ. :rolleyes:

Formerly "Mission Code Z" (R.I.P.)

#11 Good_Riddance

Good_Riddance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:54 AM

The player he injured is still out.... and might be for a while. Why not Gronk.??

Well it has only been a week. So we don't know how long the Buffalo kid is gonna be out. He may just miss one week. Gronk ain't playing this week.

But I have always thought if you really want to keep this knuckleheads from doing something like Gronk pulled (and the Vikings guy who injured Rodgers), then you should suspend them the length of time that the player they injured is out. Indefinite suspension. There may be some gray area in terms of the injury report and not knowing if a guy can come back or not. Maybe instead of indefinite suspension come up with an average length of weeks that a player misses with the type of injury that occurs as a result.

I only advocate this if it is blatantly obvious that the player who committed the foul did it with malicious intent. The player should also be immediately ejected from the game.

Gronk should have to miss as much time as the Buffalo kid misses. It would also help police against stuff like Bountygate. 

#12 Josh211

Josh211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 12:05 AM

As I was trying to say at the beginning, keeping Goodell is football's way of saying, fans stay out of our business.

#13 Josh211

Josh211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 12:06 AM

Yup. We don't matter. Till viewership hits 0...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users