Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Josh211 : (04 February 2018 - 10:00 PM)

5 pt game.

@  Josh211 : (04 February 2018 - 10:00 PM)

Good call.

@  Josh211 : (04 February 2018 - 09:59 PM)

If that's not a catch, the fix is in. He was a runner.

@  Stirs : (04 February 2018 - 09:22 PM)

Well, that Eli commercial makes me want to go take a bath

@  Stirs : (04 February 2018 - 09:21 PM)

35-33 Eagles?

@  Stirs : (04 February 2018 - 09:19 PM)

955 yds and not even to the 4th qtr yet, haha

@  Stirs : (04 February 2018 - 09:19 PM)

Agholar good at following blocks

@  Josh211 : (04 February 2018 - 09:14 PM)

Close to it!

@  Stirs : (04 February 2018 - 09:11 PM)

Gonna be over 1000 yds of offense by the time this one is over. haha

@  Stirs : (04 February 2018 - 09:07 PM)

Foles doing an exceptional job for a backup

@  Josh211 : (04 February 2018 - 09:00 PM)

Almost a TD. Hope it holds up.

@  Josh211 : (04 February 2018 - 08:47 PM)

Dang it...

@  Josh211 : (04 February 2018 - 08:34 PM)

Keep the clamps on Phi!

@  Josh211 : (04 February 2018 - 08:33 PM)

Good half time show.

@  Josh211 : (04 February 2018 - 08:09 PM)

Gotta step up in the pass game!

@  Josh211 : (04 February 2018 - 08:07 PM)

If only first... I think he does, run wise.

@  Josh211 : (04 February 2018 - 08:05 PM)

Great playcall!

@  firstchance : (04 February 2018 - 08:02 PM)

Lordy, I wish Cam understood the game as much as Foles does.

@  Josh211 : (04 February 2018 - 07:10 PM)

I'll be here.

@  Josh211 : (04 February 2018 - 07:04 PM)

It's the SB! N goodish commercials.

Photo

Panthers expected to hire outside candidate for GM

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Good_Riddance

Good_Riddance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,901 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:48 AM

https://247sports.co...M-job-114894577

I hate how this unfolded for Hurney on a personal level. However, I am okay with getting some fresh blood in here. The outside guys interviewed all have solid experience. I've got a hunch it may be Martin Mayhew because of his prior GM experience with the Lions. And the Lions became competitive over his tenure there.

Here is the link with a bit on Mayhew from Panthers.com:

http://www.panthers....11-0441ac8176c5

#2 45catfan

45catfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • LocationCarolina

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:52 PM

I wonder if they would do a scenario by hiring two, a GM and assistant GM.  Remember, we have had that structure before with Brandon Beane in the assistant role.

#3 Good_Riddance

Good_Riddance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,901 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:47 AM

An update:

Panthers are being pressured by the NFL to move on from Hurney.

https://247sports.co...urney-114975680

It makes sense considering the Richardson business. Wouldn't be such a big deal if the organization wasn't dealing with that fire already.

Also, it appears that Lake Dawson may be the favorite as he has received a 2nd interview for the position.

https://247sports.co...r-job-114977309

New ownership, new GM, new OC but same head coach keeping that ship steady. It will be good to get a breath of fresh air I think to cut ties with the past while keeping the steady hand of Rivera linking the past and the future. It is kind of an exciting time to be a Panthers fan.

#4 45catfan

45catfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • LocationCarolina

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:52 PM

An update:

Panthers are being pressured by the NFL to move on from Hurney.

https://247sports.co...urney-114975680

It makes sense considering the Richardson business. Wouldn't be such a big deal if the organization wasn't dealing with that fire already.

Also, it appears that Lake Dawson may be the favorite as he has received a 2nd interview for the position.

https://247sports.co...r-job-114977309

New ownership, new GM, new OC but same head coach keeping that ship steady. It will be good to get a breath of fresh air I think to cut ties with the past while keeping the steady hand of Rivera linking the past and the future. It is kind of an exciting time to be a Panthers fan.

Since the charges appear to be false, Hurney can sue the Panthers and/or NFL for unlawful termination.  In 2018 you are guilty until proven innocent...at least it seems that way.  If I were Hurney, I probably would file a suit versus the Team/League.  Charges were dropped because they were bogus.  Everyone knows Hurney was the favorite to get the full-time role.  All of a sudden during the GM interviews, his ex-wife wants to file harassment charges.  As soon as it hit the media and Hurney was put on administrative leave, she drops the charges.  Why?  The damage had been done and she knew there was nothing to the accusations.  This was a ex-spouse hit-job, plain and simple.

I have a friend going through this now in a child custody case, and they (yes, BOTH OF THEM) try to inflict as much character defamation and financial pain on one another each time they go to court as possible.  It's sad, but it's not uncommon for ex-spouses to try to ruin the other's lives.

For the record, I am not some huge Hurney fan. I am just so sick of seeing the media hit pieces, culture of being victimizied/offended and #pickyouroutrage society we live in now.

• firstchance likes this

#5 Good_Riddance

Good_Riddance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,901 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:28 AM

Since the charges appear to be false, Hurney can sue the Panthers and/or NFL for unlawful termination.  

Considering he is the interim GM only and was never made the full-time GM, I doubt it. The team was actively in a job search for a new GM before this issue cropped up.

Good luck winning that battle. Part of Hurney's job was to help the team potentially find a new GM when he was first hired. He interviewed for the position of full-time GM. So he wouldn't have any grounds whatsoever to sue the team for unlawful termination since he was NEVER the full time GM to begin with. He isn't being terminated from a position he never had and the team can rightfully offer to another well-qualified candidate.

I think it is a raw hand he is being dealt, because most of it is probably pressure as a result from what Richardson allegedly did. But you would be hard-pressed to have any grounds to say you were "unlawfully terminated" from a position you never had.

• Hobbit99 and firstchance like this

#6 Hobbit99

Hobbit99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • LocationThe Old North State

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:16 PM

Since the charges appear to be false, Hurney can sue the Panthers and/or NFL for unlawful termination.  In 2018 you are guilty until proven innocent...at least it seems that way.  If I were Hurney, I probably would file a suit versus the Team/League.  Charges were dropped because they were bogus.  Everyone knows Hurney was the favorite to get the full-time role.  All of a sudden during the GM interviews, his ex-wife wants to file harassment charges.  As soon as it hit the media and Hurney was put on administrative leave, she drops the charges.  Why?  The damage had been done and she knew there was nothing to the accusations.  This was a ex-spouse hit-job, plain and simple.

I have a friend going through this now in a child custody case, and they (yes, BOTH OF THEM) try to inflict as much character defamation and financial pain on one another each time they go to court as possible.  It's sad, but it's not uncommon for ex-spouses to try to ruin the other's lives.

For the record, I am not some huge Hurney fan. I am just so sick of seeing the media hit pieces, culture of being victimizied/offended and #pickyouroutrage society we live in now.

Hmmm...You have to be "hired and working" before you can be terminated. He didn't have the job... So how could he be "unlawfully terminated."???

#7 Hobbit99

Hobbit99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • LocationThe Old North State

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:17 PM

Considering he is the interim GM only and was never made the full-time GM, I doubt it. The team was actively in a job search for a new GM before this issue cropped up.

Good luck winning that battle. Part of Hurney's job was to help the team potentially find a new GM when he was first hired. He interviewed for the position of full-time GM. So he wouldn't have any grounds whatsoever to sue the team for unlawful termination since he was NEVER the full time GM to begin with. He isn't being terminated from a position he never had and the team can rightfully offer to another well-qualified candidate.

I think it is a raw hand he is being dealt, because most of it is probably pressure as a result from what Richardson allegedly did. But you would be hard-pressed to have any grounds to say you were "unlawfully terminated" from a position you never had.

EXACTLY.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Brice52