Welcome to Carolina Panthers Message Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
EnterLog in! Create an AccountIt's free!

Photo
- - - - -

Panther Support

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 demise140

demise140

No Spoon...No Problem.

• Fanz
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,988 posts
  • Location:Ft Inn, South Carolina...Home of Travelle Wharton!!! :)

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:33 PM

I don't know how it is in y'alls areas but here in Greenville south carolina, we get little love :(

#2 needtobreathefan

needtobreathefan

Panther Fan for the future!

• Fanz
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts
  • Interests:Many things. I'm a high schooler.

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:16 PM

same where i live

#3 markimus_prime

markimus_prime

#43 on the field, #1 in your hearts

• Fanz
  • 9,560 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:37 PM

Ashe County is the home of bandwagoners. Cowboys, Steelers, Redskins, and Panthers are the main ones. Whoever's winning is who they pull for. Makes me sick and I don't hesitate to call them out on it.

#4 GaCatFan

GaCatFan

Panthers fan in Falconland since 1993

• Fanz
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts
  • Interests:Carolina Panthers, LSU Tigers, NHRA drag racing, hockey, fishing, photography

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:12 PM

Where I live is obviously Falcons country. I don't get much harassment because I am a Panthers fan, though. Once in awhile I run across another one of us. We have a lot of bandwagoners here, too. Judging by what I've seen while at the local sports bar, there are many Steelers and Cowboys fans here as well.

#5 Panther4Lyfe

Panther4Lyfe

2nd String

• Fanz
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:53 PM

I think there's badwagging every where.

#6 ManualPanther89

ManualPanther89

2nd String

• Fanz
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Interests:Football, Lacrosse

obsession with Panthers

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:55 PM

Louisville, KY isn't exactly a panthers fan base either...

#7 rdog157gh

rdog157gh

Starter

• Fanz
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:30 AM

Im also in Greenville SC, I personally chose the Panthers as my team the day it was announced the Carolinas had a team! All my friends are Falcons fans, probably because they grew up that way, so I give them a pass.

#8 crazydude27018

crazydude27018

Crazydude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Interests:Sports, music, video games, and sleep. Not particularly in that order.

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:57 AM

Ashe County is the home of bandwagoners. Cowboys, Steelers, Redskins, and Panthers are the main ones. Whoever's winning is who they pull for. Makes me sick and I don't hesitate to call them out on it.

I use to live in Ashe County and went to school there too for a little while, i might know ya actually. I got the same vibe up there actually didnt get much love for the Panthers at all unless they were winning which sucked cause ive been a fan of the panthers ever since they were announced to be here. If i wore my panthers gear to school like a shirt or something someone always had an off comment or something to say. I live in Lewisville now, it seems like there are a lot of Panthers fans here thank goodness. Lots of steelers, cowboys, and skins fans and college football fans mostly App State here as well. I like it here, there is a good mix and i can at least stand it cause at least people talk football around here.

#9 demise140

demise140

No Spoon...No Problem.

• Fanz
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:57 AM

I personally chose the Panthers as my team the day it was announced the Carolinas had a team!

same here, couldn't have said it better myself. But have you noticed how there are a lot of Giants and Cowboys fans in the upstate....grrr it kills me cause when you call them out on it, because most of them have never ever lived anywhere near either team, they always say i was a fan of them when they sucked. Really?
And its a shame cause we are underdogs even in our own states.

#10 PantherFan007

PantherFan007

Owner - Panthersfanz.com

• Admin
  • 25,492 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Playing my Guitar, and Carolina Panthers Football!!!

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:42 AM

I'll admit it. I'm a closet bandwagon fan. I'm just a procrastinator, too, so I keep putting off jumping off the wagon until next week. Now it's been 16 years and I'm still ticking.... :taunt: :lol:

#11 demise140

demise140

No Spoon...No Problem.

• Fanz
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:54 AM

When I lived in greensboro, nc you could go to the walmarts there and buy anything panthers. here you have to hunt for something panthers, but i could buy cowboys if i wanted....so sad we have a team and a decent one for its short career (not like the browns or lions). Yeah we have had downs, but we never stay down for long. I can't wait for the big up when we win a superbowl

#12 Good_Riddance

Good_Riddance

Starter

• Fanz
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts
  • Interests:JESUS SAVES!!!!

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:52 AM

Louisville, KY isn't exactly a panthers fan base either...

Yeah I hear ya. I live in Colts country. Weird how there's those same Cowboy fans lurking everywhere. Seems to be a theme. I live close to St. Louis too, but you never hear about any Rams fans. I only know of one. It shouldn't even have to be mentioned that I'm the only Carolina fan that I know personally around here.

#13 allstatsandnoplay

allstatsandnoplay

2nd String

• Fanz
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:10 AM

Yeah I hear ya. I live in Colts country. Weird how there's those same Cowboy fans lurking everywhere. Seems to be a theme. I live close to St. Louis too, but you never hear about any Rams fans. I only know of one. It shouldn't even have to be mentioned that I'm the only Carolina fan that I know personally around here.

I am from near St. Louis as well. Huge Cardinals' fan, but never did adopt the Rams. I loved football, but I never had a team.

I'd love to be able to say I've been a Carolina fan from the get-go, but I did not become a fan until the Army brought me to NC in 2002. I went to the Panthers 2nd home game (the first NFL game I'd ever been to), and I was hooked. I feel like I have been a bandwagon fan myself, because I did not become a fan until the year they went to the SB.

But I keep telling myself that I started rooting for them at the beginning of the season. Plus, I think I have been paying my dues the past couple of years.

I live in Sanford, NC now ... pretty decent fanbase in this area.

#14 Carol

Carol

Legend

• Fanz
  • 44,537 posts
  • Interests:NFL, NBA, College BBall, College Football, Music from the 60's, 70's and 80's

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:52 PM

I don't know how it is in y'alls areas but here in Greenville south carolina, we get little love :(

Luckily, I live about 15 minutes from the stadium, so at least here at home, we get love in the local paper and on the local news! :headbang:

#15 demise140

demise140

No Spoon...No Problem.

• Fanz
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:05 PM

Luckily, I live about 15 minutes from the stadium, so at least here at home, we get love in the local paper and on the local news! :headbang:

:P lucky!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users